As 2022 winds down, the automotive industry kindly gives us award winners to help buyer's research and gather information. Experts often point out nuances that might be overlooked or long term ownership factors which might influence your vehicle investment.
Different factors attract people to their choice of cars, and CarBuzz attempts to categorize a few and offer their choice on best in each using a multitude of factors.
CarBuzz Announces 2022 Awards Winners
These are the 10 best cars of 2022, according to CarBuzz
After a year of testing the latest and greatest vehicles to arrive in America, CarBuzz is excited to announce the winners of the 2022 CarBuzz Awards. “The 2022 CarBuzz Awards feature back-to-back wins for Ford, Toyota, and BMW, showcasing the levels of continued excellence on display for American shoppers,” says Jared Rosenholtz, CarBuzz Editor-at-Large. “Spanning a variety of vehicles, from electric commuters to V10 supercars, car buyers should have these vehicles at the top of their shopping list.”
People's Car: 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 – The car representing the best value for money, priced below the average new car MSRP for 2022 ($48,000).
Family Fun: 2023 Hyundai Palisade – With a roomy interior to make road trips and daily commutes comfortable, this car should be enjoyable for the entire family, not just the driver.
Save the Planet Car: 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning – The car with the biggest impact on safeguarding the environment without compromising on quality or desirability.
- Tech Lover's Dream: 2023 BMW 7 Series – The vehicle that provides the ultimate in safety, comfort, and convenience features with a focus on innovation.
- Electrified Luxury: 2023 BMW i7 – The best combination of luxury, performance, convenience, and comfort in a hybrid or electric car, regardless of price.
- Best Interior: 2022 Land Rover New Range Rover – The vehicle with the best interior design, quality, ergonomics, and technology relative to its price point.
- Track Weapon: 2023 Audi R8 GT – Taking power, driving feel, focus, and drama into account, this is the car that enthusiasts most want to spend time on track with.
- Affordable Fun: 2023 Toyota GR Corolla – The car that doesn't cost a fortune and yet provides ultimate thrills and driver engagement.
- Family Luxury: 2022 Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT – The car that is suitable for the whole family, with a focus on luxury, tech, and driver enjoyment.
It's never been more difficult to pick finalists, and ultimately winners, for the CarBuzz Awards. “The automotive landscape evolved phenomenally in 2022, as we witnessed the revival of the hot hatch and sports car segments, and saw family cars establish themselves like never before,” says Roger Biermann, Managing Editor of CarBuzz. “Across the board, technological innovation peaked, and American buyers are now spoilt for choice no matter which segment they shop in.”